31 July 2006

An Attempt At Fairness

to myself.

I spent much time early on in this blog complaining about my weight. So it is with a sense of fair play that I announce, despite an earlier pledge not to mention my weight again (this year, right? that was just for this year. I'm pretty sure) that I have finally broken below the X barrier at which I feel much better about my physical specimenhood (yeah, I just made that word up). In fact, my scale indicated nearly 10 days ago that I had fallen below the magical number (said number being the square root of what Oprah weighs, but that's another story) but I felt like I had to give it some time to make certain it wasn't just water loss, but real and actual weight loss.

I was so excited. I just had to share.

Tomorrow night will be another TNPT. I'm going to show up sporadically now, as I have classes every other Tuesday and Thursday evenings. They're professional development classes that I am choosing to take. But they're going to eat into my Tuesday night hammer-festing. Cest la vie!

I'll post how it goes either tomorrow night or Wednesday.

4 comments:

Jon said...

I was well on my way to hitting my target weight when I went on vacation. With LOTOJA looming, I really need to drop the weight soon. Well done!

Cat said...

You're so silly. You look great now and you looked great before! :)

tkp said...

Thanks for the kind words. It does feel great to be where I want to be, regardless of how it looks. It's more about how it feels, at least in cycling.

Cat said...

Well....you feel great, too! :) (at least that's MY opinion! :)