12 August 2007

Un Jour Sans

last Tuesday...

legs, energy, snap...speed of any kind.

The only thing there was plenty of Tuesday was heat. It was like riding in a blast furnace. The heat index was in the 120's. I decided to ride anyway. I started out with a sore throat, and rode only because I needed to do something after taking a recovery period the week before. As it turns out, it really wouldn't have mattered because I was sick enough by Thursday to stay home from work, and Tuesday's miles were the only miles I got in this week.

I was dropped before we got out of the neighborhoods in Irondale.

Oh well. Everyone has a bad day. I'll blame mine on whatever virus was gearing up to knock me down for a couple days.

I'm looking forward to redeeming myself next Tuesday.

Huntsville's a month away and I have serious doubts about my ability to ride more than 70 miles right now.

0 comments: