13 September 2007

Saturday

The Beast will be picking me up tomorrow afternoon (driving from Kennesaw to Hoover) and we will head for Madison to spend the night at relatives before riding the Huntsville "All You Can Eat" Century on Saturday. I just checked the weather, a high of 79 and sunny. The air should be good and clean as well, after the collision of the remnants of the latest hurricane meet the storm front that moved in this afternoon, dumping tons of rain, which will continue until tomorrow evening.

Kenny and his friend Christopher will be doing the ride as well, so it should be a good report when it's all said and done.

Right now I have no delusions over my abilities. I was shelled from the front pack 20 miles into the BBC Century last weekend and didn't have the legs left to stay with anyone in the second group either. It was a disappointing day. Last year I finished the Huntsville event strongly...this year I just hope to finish.

0 comments: