06 September 2006

It might not look like it, but I'm still riding.

Yeah, it's been a while since I've had anything to say. I apologize to all 4 of my avid readers.

I've been riding, but nothing epic, nor anything especially profound has happened on any of these rides, so there just hasn't been much to write about.

On Saturday I rode from home down to my old neighborhood and farther south up into Pea Ridge and down to Montevallo. It's a good ride, but I haven't done it for over 18 months. I was surprised by how much has changed along previously isolated areas that are now being cleared for the newest thousand-home-subdivisions. It's kind of sad. Certainly a loss of good riding as these previously deserted roads become the main route to and from home for everyone living in these subdivisions with a car. I'm sure I won't ride down there many more times.

It's kind of sad.

0 comments: