21 August 2006

A Change of Plans

I had made plans to ride into work today, but to go the long way around, which would have given me about 30 miles. It's a nice ride and not difficult. Lots of rollers that let you work hard for 30 seconds, then ease off, then hard again.

Baby girl had other plans for me though when she awoke with a fever and chest cough. Since Cathy was scheduled to sub for an English teacher at Hoover HS today, it became my job to stay home with the sick one.

My wife surprised me though when she said "go ride for an hour and then I'll leave when you get back."

Heck yeah!

I hooked up with Russ and we did a shorter version of the route, it was still about 18 miles, but it was a good 18. Good weather, good roads, good legs.

We'll be trying for the longer route to work again on Wednesday. In the meantime, today's ride was perfect.

1 comments:

Cat said...

I'm glad you had a great ride! You deserved it! :) Thanks for taking care of Baby Girl today.