08 August 2006

Try again folks

My Trek came back today. It's the OCLV frame that Postal rode in the 99 tour, with the team graphics. Unfortunately, it was pretty beat up and there were some funny splits in the paint that I felt uncomfortable riding with, so I had it sent in to Trek for a stripdown, x-ray, and repaint.

The bad thing (for me) is that I had to give up a nice paint scheme that I really liked. The good thing is that I like the new standard 5200 scheme (metallic grey with silver and blue highlights), and no one expects you to be fast on a grey bike.

Unfortunately, when we unpacked it, the paint had started to bubble along the top tube. Obviously that isn't acceptable, so it's on its way back to Wisconsin to be stripped and painted again.

My son is itching like crazy to get his hands on this bike, but he may have to wait a while longer.

0 comments: