30 January 2007

A Bad Decision

Saturday I was scheduled to be at Winter Youth Conference with the kids from the ward. The site was about an hour from here, and offered two ride opportunities with unique characteristics to choose between. Ride 1-To the top of Mt. Cheaha (the highest point in Alabama) and back. Lots and lots of climbing on steep grades. Ride 2-The Chief Ladiga Trail...a Rails to Trails project that extends nearly to the state border shared with Georgia (later this spring the final 8 miles of the trail will be complete, connecting the CLT with the Silver Comet Trail which will enable a rider to go from Jacksonville, AL to Atlanta and back).

Unfortunately, late Friday night, I chose a third option, no ride. I just decided it would be too much hassle to load all my bike stuff on the car and haul it for an hour, not really knowing what the opportunity to ride might be.

Shortly after arriving at the conference site, a friend from another ward in the stake (Bishop F) arrived with his bike on top of his car. He dropped the kids off and went to ride the CLT.

Now I'm kicking myself because it's been two weeks since I've ridden and I'm going crazy. The weather is colder than normal and so if I'm to get any riding in this week, it'll be on the rollers. Meanwhile, Saturday, which was a nice day, was wasted.

Bummer.

0 comments: