15 May 2006

It Must Be Working

On Saturday, at a family dinner honoring one of my sisters-in-law, another of Cathy's sisters announced that I was looking "skinny". Yet another sister informed her that guys don't like to be told they're skinny, so she changed her statement to let me know that she thought I looked "hot".

Heh. If only the sister I am married to felt the same way, I'd be golden.

Anyway, despite what my scale says, apparently my all important (for a cyclist) strength to weight ratio is improving. I still sport a 12 pack (rather than a 6), but it's nice to know that things are looking better.

So I'm officially done talking about my winter weight gain and inability to get rid of it.

Kenny and I signed up for Cherohala this evening. It's going to be a lot of fun to have him there. Cathy is also planning to ride some of the route...at least, I'm planning for her to ride, she's skeptical. But we'll put some miles into her legs before then. And besides, she was pretty skeptical about doing the triathlon last spring, but she did just fine, and even managed to have fun.

0 comments: