16 May 2006

Recovery week, or just lazy?

So this week is supposed to be a recovery week in my periodized training program. Despite this, I decided to show up for the Tuesday night Pain Train. 15 minutes into the ride, it started to sprinkle a little bit, I looked where we were headed and the skies were black. Recalling the soggy lightning "enhanced" ride from last week, I quickly decided to stick to my training plan and turned for home, taking it easy except for the climb up Smyer where I gave a good effort. I still got 25 miles in today, so it wasn't a complete loss.

It was a good day. I enjoyed my riding today, and when it's all said and done, isn't that what really counts?

I mean, if you're not going to enjoy the pain as much as the easy rides, why bother?

1 comments:

Jon said...

That's really the beauty of riding. Whether I'm training or just meandering on my bike, it is so much fun.