11 May 2006

So far, so inconsistent

Another rainy day yesteday. In fact, I think it was darker at noon than I've seen it at night lately. So no mileage yesterday. In fact, I forgot my card to get in the Rec center and had to skip working out altogether.

On a positive note, my mileage compared to last is a greater by 164% to date. The flip side of this is that I did so few miles last spring (and even fewer in the summer and fall) that a determined 6 year old could beat last years figures.

Saturday I had a good ride though. Russ and I hooked up and went out to Vandiver, crossing Coosa Mountain, then Double Oak Mt on highway 25. Those are two good climbs. From Vandiver, we looped out to Sterret, then back to Vandiver, where we met our wives, who joined us for another loop out to Sterret and back. Then we climbed the south Vandiver climb (I did it 1 and a half times, as I went back from the top and found the others about halfway up, turned around and climbed with them again).

All in all, it was a good ride. 65 miles and no noticeable fatigue. I felt like I could have done another 20 or 30. On the "so inconsistent" side of things, my commute into work this morning (10 miles) was agony. And with no climbing. Which of my riding personalities will show up on any given day is anyone's guess.

That's frustrating.

0 comments: