21 June 2006

Don't Let It Get Away

Yeah, last night was the Tuesday night ride. I didn't do it.

Well, that's not entirely true. I did part of it. As I was riding, my hamstring started to feel a little sore. In an of itself, I'd probably have done the stupid thing and ridden through it, but, lightning and thunder were starting to increase in intensity around us, and I thought, "ahh, I'm just going to bag it for tonight". So I rode back to my car at the bike shop and went home.

Cherohala wore me out I guess, because on my ride into work this morning I wasn't feeling particularly frisky. I rode well, but just not feeling like I could go deep if I needed to.

I think I'll make this week a recovery week and take it easy...

I'm not sure what's up next. Kenny wants to compete in the Mountain Lakes Triathlon in August, and I've done that the past two years, so maybe I'll start back in the pool and running a little bit. On the other hand, those two activities don't sound so exciting to me. The BBC Century and the Huntville All-You-Can-Eat Century are on consecutive weekends in September. I'll probably do the Hunstville...I'm still undecided about the BBC...I'm not too wild about the course they are using now.

Oh well. I've got time to maintain fitness and decide what I'm going to do next. I just have to remember not to quit riding for 6 weeks like I did last year after Cherohala. I'm in pretty good shape right now...I don't want to let that get away from me.

0 comments: