24 November 2006

Hard Day

It was my first ride of the week today. Seemed like the perfect opportunity to burn off yesterday's extra calories, (though I managed to keep it under control). It was a group ride, an honorarium ride for a former member of the club who was diagnosed with Lukemia a few years back. He isn't doing well right now and is in hospice care. So we went out and did a ride for him today.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the legs I had even a month ago. There was a lot of climbing on this ride, and my legs are very sore tonight.

On the plus side, the weather was wonderful...high sixties to low seventies. More of the same tomorrow. And each day until mid week.

Looks like it's time to put some miles in.

2 comments:

Cat said...

Didn't you ride to work Monday or Tuesday? I guess I can't remember for sure, but it sure seemed like it.

tkp said...

No, it was cold cold cold on Monday and Tuesday.